Dear student, parent, guardian, instructor,
We hope you are all well and have had a wonderful Holiday and New Year ☺
Here’s a January update from us at M&M Academy.
Thank you to all those of you that attended our Awards Ceremony at the end of 2021. We’re very proud of all of our students and happy to say that the ceremony was a big hit!
The photos and comments are currently being worked into a new page on our website (aiming to get this finished by the 9th Jan!).
In the meantime, if you’d like to check out the 2021 Showreels, check your email inbox for the links.
TAEKWONDO ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIPS
With 2021 now over our shoulders, a new year of awesome competitions are ahead! The first being the English Championships. This is taking place on Sunday 6th March and it’ll be at Worcester Arena (WR2 5JN). If you’re interested in taking part, let us know during a lesson so we can provide you with a competition form.
MUSIC STUDENT SHOWCASE
On the flip side for music students, we now have our next Student Showcase on the horizon. This is set for Sunday 10th April from 4:30pm to 6:30pm at the usual location; Little Eaton Village Hall. If you’d like to participate in this event, now is the time to start thinking about what song you’d like to perform.
As we’ve just moved into 2022, you can find our holiday dates below.
Easter Holiday: 11th April to the 24th April.
Summer Holiday: 22nd August to the 4th September.
Winter Holiday: 19th December to the 2nd January 2023.
Whilst restrictions are easing off, we’re still teaching lessons with Covid safety in mind. Please continue to be conscientious of this. Sanitise before and after entering or exiting any venue. Masks are optional but windows will remain open for ventilation and we’re still cleaning seats and tools in between clients.
M&M ACADEMY TERMS & CONDITIONS
As some of you may already know, M&M Academy now has a full set of Terms & Conditions that go into detail about the systems we have in place for students taking lessons with us. These T&Cs are now applicable to ALL STUDENTS. A copy of these T&Cs can be found on our website at: mandm.academy/information/terms
Please carefully read through these and let us know if you have any questions.
As mentioned in both the September and the November update, our costs have now changed. This now INCLUDES current students, not just new students. If you haven’t already changed your Standing Orders to the new price, please do so for the beginning of February and pay any outstanding finance either via a manual transfer or at your next lesson in person.
The last time we had a price increase was in 2017, so this isn’t something we do on a regular basis. Due to the rising costs and inflation, as well as the many more hours of gained experience from our teachers (thus leading to more professional tuition), we feel it’s now necessary to introduce an increase. If you have any concerns about this transition, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Our prices are now as follows:
(PCM = Per Calendar Month)
– £30 PCM Group Lessons (Music OR Taekwondo) or £10 per individual lesson.
– £50 PCM Under 18s 1:1 Music Lessons (30 minutes) or £20 per individual lesson.
– £60 PCM Adults 1:1 Music Lessons (30 minutes) or £20 per individual lesson.
– £90 PCM Under 18s 1:1 Music Lessons (60 minutes) or £35 per individual lesson.
– £110 PCM Adults 1:1 Music Lessons (60 minutes) or £35 per individual lesson.
Current students who were already taking 60 minute lessons have been moved to £80 and £100 respectively.
Other Music Costs
– £15 for an Acoustic guitar service (excluding strings)
– £20 for an Electric or Bass guitar service (excluding strings)
– £25 for an Electric guitar service with a Floyd Rose Tremolo System (excluding strings).
– £120 Full sparring kit (individual; £30 Head, £25 Hand or feet, £20 Shins, £15 Groin, £10 Gum)
– £40 Doboks
– £25 Large TKD bag
– £20 Round pad
– £10 Small TKD bag
Other Taekwondo Costs
– £40 License renewal/new (£45 if late)
– £35 Gradings
– £25 Star gradings
– £15 Per competition event (subject to change depending on the competition)
– £10 Per spectator (subject to change depending on the competition)
As always, it’s a pleasure working with you and we look forward to our continued time together.
Thanks and kind regards,